Sunday, June 11, 2006

How much for a bike accident these days?

The bills are rolling in!

Have no fear: my district's health insurance plan is very complete so I suspect not to have to pay out of pocket for most if not all of this. It's still very interesting to see what is being charged nowadays. This is a running list of the bills that have appeared in our mailbox since the accident.

1. NEUROSPYCHOLOGIST--This doctor spent about 20 minutes with me quizzing my short- and long-term memory, eye-brain coordination, recall, and knowledge of farm animals.
Charge--$345

2. AMBULANCE--The ambulance was called on my behalf, it arrived promptly (I assume), checked vitals on an unconcious victim, strapped me to a backboard, and drove me 10 minutes to the hospital. I hope the lights and siren were on, because then I would be important.
Charge--$591

3. HOSPITAL STAY--That's what it says under the description--"Hospital Stay". I think it's just the charge for one doctor to come in and ask how I'm doing. More to come.
Charge--$358

No comments: