Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Lake Mills Story:

Once upon a time a girl tried a new race--the Lake Mills Triathlon.






She brought Erika, her
Big Athletic Supporter.








Ben and Liz came
to see what the fuss
was about.

















Even Mom and Dad came.
(Mom yells the loudest.)












They gave her a number and
drew on her arm.












She had trouble putting on her wetsuit.







And they're off!
She didn't want to come out of the water.
It was warmer than the air!










It rained the whole bike ride.





But the run was smokin' fast!












The End.

------------------


I was nervous coming into this one.

I heard rumors. The lake is 56 degrees! There's huge chunks missing from the road! The forecast is calling for thunderstorms! (That rumor was real.)

I was trying flying mount/dismounts for the first time. (Liz had some creative ideas for what these are.)

It was the first race of the season.

Can I do it?

The lake was chilly, but nothing a traditional pee in the wetsuit couldn't fix.

The rain and wind turned my bare arms to crimson, but my dismount was perfect. (I'll work on the mount for next time.)

The chunks were filled in.

The run was (BY FAR) the best I've ever had.

The moral of my Lake Mills story: When someone is cheering you on, telling you "You can do it!", the only thing stopping you is your own imagination.

1 comment:

Ev said...

Yay! Congratulations!