Saturday, July 26, 2008

Can someone hand me my walker?

I've decided that it's mostly true what people say about age being a state of mind and what matters is being young at heart and blah blah blah.
Mostly true.
Next week I turn 35, which by numeric standards is "middle aged".
Yet,
I run miles every week.
I bike even more.
I swam nonstop for an hour the other day.
Young at heart, right?

So how the hell did I pull a muscle in my back and resort to the use of a heating pad and Motrin just to be able to sit on my own couch and watch a rerun of The West Wing? In what insanely vigorous task was this young-spirited triathlete engaged to cause such an instant and painful reaction?
I was bent over the other day...

scrubbing the toilet.

You're only as old as you feel. Do I qualify for the Senior Discount now?

1 comment:

Maggie, Dammit said...

I did the same thing bending over the sink to wash my face.

We is old. But at least you'll always be just a wee bit older than I.

*GRINNING*