Thursday, July 17, 2008

Feels Like the First Time.

Isn't there an 80s big hair ballad with that line ("feels like the first time") referring to love or smoking dope or something like that?
Anyway, this Saturday's triathlon, Spirit of Racine, is starting to feel like the first one ever. Let me break it down:
A. The forecast calls for rain, and races don't cancel except for lightning. But it doesn't call for lightning, it calls for rain. Like normal humans, I don't go outside in the rain, at least not to hang out.
2. The swim is in Lake Michigan--current temperature at location, 66 degrees. I'll be racing in a wetsuit for the first time ever, and how on earth am I supposed to show off my well-toned calf muscles in a wetsuit??
D. I started training again about a week and a half after the accident, but can't hit my pre-accident times. I'm just not as fast as I used to be, so I've affixed a small outboard motor to the back of my bicycle.
5.2 This is the first all-out, puke-at-the-end race since the accident.

So I'm a little nervous. If you happen to be awake and aware at about 9:00 AM on Saturday, send a good vibe my way? Reader?

3 comments:

Scott said...

Jenn - Good luck on Saturday. Your courageousness is enviable! Our good vibes and hugs will be with you from start to finish. Good to have your comments on my blog again. Joe is convinced that the kingdom will fall soon - J. Dobson, according to Joe, has some homo tryst in his closet that is about ready to burst on the scene. We'll see!

Alicia said...

Early good vibes your way!

Are you thinking of the Foreigner song? Not much of a ballad, but the chorus is "feels like the first time! It feels like the very first time!"

Anonymous said...

Way to get back on that bike, girl. I am thoroughly impressed. I will vibe away the day on Saturday.

xoxo

Maggie