Sunday, April 20, 2008

It could happen.

Today I test my newfound gun strength in the push-up challenge. So after ten days of 100 push-ups, what's my magic number?

Zero.

About halfway through the ten days I started feeling a nagging twinge of pain in my right shoulder. I attributed it to my growing muscle; why my muscle was only growing on the right side, I didn't bother to figure out. By Day Seven it had developed from the "phone-rings-when-you're-on-the-can" kind of annoying to "asshole-just-cut-you-off-because-he's-on-his-cell-phone" pissing-me-off kind of pain. But like a stubborn ox I befriended Advil and ice and kept going. By the last day it's obvious that I'm hurt; muscle aches don't stab you when you throw a tennis ball. So today I play it safe and forego the final push-up test.
The good news from all of this is that I can estimate my push-up number instead. And I'm guessing I can do...


112.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I didn't know guesstimating was allowed in the push-up game! In that case, I can do 456. I try not to show off, though, unless it's just the kids.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man - bummer!

If I'm allowed to guesstimate, then I'd like to admit I can do 457.

Take that, Maggie. My guns are bigger than yours.