Tuesday, August 21, 2007

As Billy Crystal would say...

It is better to look good than to feel good.

Yesterday Erika and I were at REI, looking for a new bag for her. I found myself wandering into the bike shorts area, thinking that if I could find a pair that could double as my swim bottoms, I could save time in T1 (Transition #1, swim-to-bike) by not having to put on shorts. I tried on a few pairs that went to about mid-thigh (or just-above-the-knee for one pair), and even though they were good quality I chucked 'em.

Why?

I wish I had a scientific, practical, or experienced reason to give, but the truth is...

They didn't flatter my butt.

But then...I found a pair, much shorter, rested nicely on the hips.

Could I swim in them? No idea. They were a poly-spandex blend.

Could I run in them? Probably, but then again there's always the risk of chafing with a new article of clothing. To attempt to find out, I ran a little. In place. Right there in the dressing room. They rode up a little on my legs, but otherwise the jury was still out.

Could I bike in them? I didn't see why not, except there wasn't much extra material in the, ahem, crotchal area. That could cause problems.

Did I get them? You bet I did.

Why?

My ass looked hot.

No comments: